Requisition Number: 8732 (8)
Rigger’s Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Selects, installs, and uses cable, ropes, shackles, beam clamps, strong backs and other weight handling gear to lift, move and position heavy loads
- Fabrication, installation and repair of standing and running riggings and wire cable or fiber rope articles such as slings, towing bridles, wire rope nets, and other ship and boat rigging and weight handling gear
- Direct the operation of cranes and similar equipment and plan for clearance and safety factors
- Assist in ship docking operations by laying out and handling docking lines and tackles, subbing lines on cleats or bollards, hauling in lines by operating capstans, and performing similar duties
- Traverse and negotiate gangways and scaffolding at varying heights
- Traverse and negotiate uneven surfaces.
- Ascend and work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Abide by all safety rules, company and shipyard practices
- High school diploma or equivalent plus three years
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment screen
Fairlead Integrated, LLC. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employ Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers (Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans).